“As each has received a gift, use it to serve one another, as good stewards of God’s varied grace.”
1 Peter 4:10
Service is one of the core values of St. John School and is defined as a giving of time to fill a need. It is hoped that our students will not so much count their hours of service but instead will become adults who do service for those in need without hesitation.
Students may begin accumulating service hours as of May 15 of their 5th grade year.
Service hours must consist of the following:
- Service to family – This includes any babysitting, yard work, housework or errands done for extended family.
- Service to school – This includes any activity that directly benefits St. John School.
- Service to the parish – This includes any activity that benefits St. John Parish.
- Service to the community – This includes anything that benefits any community. Any work done for relatives does not fall under this heading (if a relative is in charge of a community project, that is acceptable).
Students may qualify for the following service awards:
- Outstanding Service Award
- Good Citizen Award
- Light of Christ Award
- St. John Middle School Service Award
To find opportunities in the church community, click HERE for the Volunteer page
To find opportunities available for events at school, click HERE for the Home & School page