The St. John Nepomucene Mission Club was founded in 1957. We are a group of volunteers that get together on Wednesdays from 8 a.m. until noon and then from 1 p.m. until 4 p.m. from September until the middle of May.
We make items such as booties, mittens, aprons, kitchen towels, potholders, scrubbies and crocheted hangers. Our Mission Club has a beautiful rug loom, and we also make quilts ranging in size from baby or lap, up to king size.
Some people prefer to make items in their own homes. We will gladly provide the yarn or fabric for you.
We also sort and pack gently used items for an annual delivery to Model Valley, Tennessee, and we always could use more help with this project.
We collect new and gently used clothing, linens, toys and small household items. You may place them in our drop box outside of our Door #7.
We take orders for quilts as well as tie-your-own-quilts. Remember we can make a quilt with your colors or sell you what we have on hand. We try to have our orders done for you in a timely fashion, but we do need approximately three to four weeks to complete a quilt order.
For questions or to place an order for any of our products, please call Rita at (920) 788-2214 or Lynn at (920) 427-1390.
Ministries We Support
With the money we receive from our Mission Club sales, we help support the following ministries:
- Model Valley, TN (one shipment of clothing, toys, household goods)
- Community Clothes Closet (coats, linens, heavy winter items)
- Racine Dominican Sisters and St. Francis of the Holy Cross – Bay Settlement
- Friends of Haiti (Fr. Larry’s Mission Group)
- Phillip the Apostle Green Bay Parish, for projects in Dominican Republic and Haiti (Dave Simon’s Mission Group)
- Kimberly Holy Spirit Mission Group (silky fabrics, quilt squares, filler)
- Courtney Woolen Mill (we purchase fluffy fillers for most of our quilts)